Over the next few minutes we will all be going on a deep dive into everything about home décor in San Francisco together. We will start off by discussing the best stores to buy home furniture near you in all kinds of styles from modern to contemporary to vintage and everything in between.
Some stores will be great for those who want to buy cheap furniture or find products on a discount, while others will be more of the luxury and high end variety. After those ideas are out of the way we will move on to interior designers in your area and where to find showrooms to buy home appliances be it smart appliances or some that are a little cheaper.
Following that we will move outdoors and discuss the best San Francisco lawn and garden stores. Whether you want to improve the landscape of your front yard, backyard, or just want to do something simple like buy some stones you have quite a few options to choose from.
On a similar note we will also mention the best local landscaping and lawn care services so someone else can do that dirty work for you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble so we will get right to it, however we did want to mention you can read more of our other posts on lawn and home décor in cities around the Pacific Northwest at that link.
Home Furnishing Stores Near You
When you want to buy home furniture in San Francisco some of the best stores to do so would be:
- Room & Board at 685 7th St
- 9th Street Designer Clearance at 540 9th St
- Cort Furniture Outlet at 1320 Sutter St
- S16 Home at 286 Sanchez St
- Noriega Furniture at 1455 Taraval St
- Ironhorse Home Furnishings at 151 Vermont St #8
- McCarney’s Furniture at 731 Bryant St
- Design Plus Consignment Gallery at 333 8th St
- Sofa Creations at 1529 Polk St
- 9th Street Designer Clearance at 540 9th St
- House of Values at 2565 S El Camino Real, San Mateo
- Scandinavian Designs at 317 S B St, San Mateo
- Ana Furniture at 3011 S El Camino Real, San Mateo
- Harvest Furniture at 1445 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City
- Hoot Judkins Furniture at 1269 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City
- Fenton MacLaren Home Furnishings at 1442 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley
- Uchi Furniture at 1325 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley
- Mid Century Mobler at 1065 Ashby Ave, Berkeley
High quality sets of furniture are sold at Room & Board. There is a great selection of industrial furniture at S16 as well as antique pieces and retro lighting.
Noriega is one of the most prestigious retailers of high end home furnishings and architecture in your area. You can also find imported Scottish antiques and collectibles at McCarney’s.
Scandinavian Designs is a contemporary home furnishing store in San Mateo that is striving to blend timeless traditional designs with your own style plus they have over 30 hand selected furniture showrooms.
Hoot Judkins offers shaker, contemporary, mission, traditional, Amish, and more local handcrafted furniture in Redwood City for your bedroom, dining room, living room, family room, outdoor, and plenty more. They specialize in unfinished and finished oak, pine, maple, alder, walnut, hickory, elm, and cherry wood pieces as well as clearance items near you.
A variety of well-made furniture styles are available at Fenton MacLaren who also sells upholstered and unfinished real wood in addition to being well known for their handcrafted Amish made furniture.
Mid Century Mobler specializes in high end vintage modern furniture in Berkeley that is from all over Europe.
Antonio Martins from our next list also offers contemporary furniture.
If you aren’t the diy type and need some help with the latest styles and trends contact one of these interior designers in your area:
- Niche Interiors at 555 De Haro St #320
- Kimball Starr Interior Design at 1616 16th St #370
- Decorist at 15 Funston Ave
- Kendall Wilkinson Design at 3419 Sacramento St
- Form + Field at 592 Utah St
- Antonio Martins Interior Design at 550 15th St #32
- Kanika Design at 346 Landfair Ave, San Mateo
- Mary Seaton Interiors at 25 W 43rd Ave, San Mateo
- Deja Blue Home Staging & Design at 626 Jefferson Ave #8, Redwood City
- Greenberg Design Gallery at 908A Industrial Ave, Palo Alto
- Design Loft Company at 4020 Fabian Way #201, Palo Alto
- Landed Interiors & Homes at 2701 Eighth St #201, Berkeley
- Park Place Design at 1918 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Berkeley
- Synthesis Interiors & Color at 1106 Euclid Ave, Berkeley
- Noz Design
Niche Interiors is an award winning firm creating sophisticated and sustainable homes for high end residential clientele.
Since 2005 Kimball Starr has been transforming spaces into beautiful and intelligently planned interiors near you.
Kendall Wilkinson has emerged as one of the nation’s best designers creating bespoke interiors emphasizing on beauty and comfort.
Antonio Martins brings an eclectic approach to local interior design with an interesting mix of antiques, modern artwork, and contemporary furniture.
Since 2008 Kanika Design has been specializing in residential and commercial interior design projects and provides full service remodeling and execution. You can also hire their designer for specific services such as design consultation, color consultation, space planning, remodeling projects, and shopping assistance.
Full service interior design and architecture for custom turn key homes in your area are provided by Landed Interiors and Homes.
Synthesis Interiors and Color focuses on environmentally friendly principles, practices, and materials.
Whether you want to buy the latest smart home appliances, are looking for something second hand or want to find a discounted price try these stores and showrooms:
- Parkside Appliance at 2418 28th Ave
- Miele Experience Center at 680 8th St #155
- Cherin’s Appliance at 727 Valencia St
- BSC Culinary at 1665 Mission St
- Laurelwood Kitchen & Bath at 1224 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo
- Davies Appliance at 1580 El Camino Real, Redwood City
- Airport Home Appliance at 1748 Broadway, Redwood City
- Atherton Appliance & Kitchens at 695 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City
- Reliance Appliance at 1289 Sixth St, Berkeley
Miele has been importing home appliances since the late 1890’s from 50 different regions.
High quality kitchen and home appliances in your area are available at Cherin’s.
Since 1956 BSC Culinary has been specializing in kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and outdoor appliances as well as cabinetry.
Laurelwood Kitchen and Bath is one of the best options for all of your routine renovation needs. They sell kitchen cabinetry, tiles, lighting, fixtures for the bathroom and kitchen, vanities, hardware, and other items near you from brands like Grohe, Hansgrohe, Ronbow, Toto, Kohler, Porcelanosa, California Faucets, Jason, Maniscalco, Hafele, Merit Kitchens, and Royo.
For more than 75 years Davies Appliance in Redwood City has been a trusted retailer for top brands such as Amana, Asko, Bosch, Crosley, DCS, Electrolux Kitchen and Laundry, Electrolux ICON, Fisher Paykel, Frigidaire Professional, Gaggenau, JennAir, Kitchen Aid, Kitchen Aid Black, Lynx, Marvel, Maytag, Sub Zero, Thermador, Viking, and Whirlpool.
Amana, Bosch, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, KitchenAid, LG, Thermador, Samsung, Whirlpool, and other well known brands are available at Airport Home Appliance. Every appliance you’ve been looking for is featured in their showrooms along with real life kitchen vignettes that will inspire you to redesign your own kitchen.
Lawn & Garden Stores Near You
The inside of your home is important, but the outside is where people will get that key first impression. Some of the best SF lawn and garden stores are:
- SF Garden Supply at 1035 Mississippi St
- Flora Grubb Gardens at 1634 Jerrold Ave
- Living Green Design at 1485 Custer Ave
- Sloat Garden Center at 2700 Sloat Blvd
- Flower Craft at 550 Bayshore Blvd
- Clement Nursery at 1921 Clement St
- Plant Therapy at 687 O’Farrell St
- Bay Natives Nursery at 10 Cargo Way
- Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply at 1618 Jerrold Ave
- Broadmoor Landscape Supply at 1350 El Camino Real
- Golden Nursery at 1122 2nd Ave, San Mateo
- Green Fashion Nursery at 408 9th Ave, San Mateo
- SummerWinds Nursery at 725 San Antonio Rd, Palo Alto
- Leafy at 482 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto
- Westbrae Nursery at 1272 Gilman St, Berkeley
- East Bay Nursery at 2332 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley
There are 10,000 items sold at SF Garden Supply with over 170 brands for you to choose from. You can buy patio furniture, books, plants, and pottery at Flora Grubb Gardens.
People have been visiting Sloat Garden Center to choose from a wide selection of fresh plants, high quality garden tools, soils, pottery, and garden equipment in your area since the late 1950’s.
Flower Craft Garden Center has a lush range of quality local plants and eco friendly gardening items including succulents, Japanese maples, and even Christmas trees.
Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply provides water efficient and sustainable solutions, irrigation services, agronomics, hardscape, lighting, water features, erosion management, and more to specialist contractors.
Since the mid 1950’s Broadmoor Landscape Supply has been selling a full line of landscape products.
Golden Nursery opened in 1976 and has been offering thousands of plants including succulents, roses, Japanese maples, beds and perennials, herbs and vegetables, unique and rare shrubs, and more ever since.
SummerWinds Garden Center in Palo Alto is a well known high end retailer of bulbs, native California plants, edible plants, holiday plants, houseplants, ornamental grasses, perennials, roses, seeds, shrubs, succulents and cacti, and trees as well as other products for gardens and nurseries.
You can find California natives, drought tolerant plants, succulents, organic vegetable starts and seed, trees from seedlings to specimens, fruit trees, and much more at East Bay Nursery in Berkeley which also offers soil amendments, insecticides, fungicides, and fertilizers.
Landscaping & Lawn Care Services
The above stores may also work for this, but you can contact landscaping and lawn care services in San Francisco like:
- Greener Bay Landscaping
- Rock & Rose Landscapes
- Tamate Landscaping
- Beto’s Landscaping
- Cisneros Landscaping
- Janet Moyer Landscaping
- Seed Studio Landscape Design
- Ideal Landscape & Concrete in San Mateo
- RB Landscaping in Redwood City
- CLG Garden & Masonry Services in Redwood City
- Verbena Landscaping in East Palo Alto
- Leon Gardening Services in East Palo Alto
- J. Montgomery Designs in Alamo
- Farallon Gardens in Berkeley
- Goodman Landscape Design in Berkeley
Greener Bay is a family owned and operated company providing landscape and lawn services in your area with over 45 years of experience. Japanese landscaping project is one of Tamate’s specialties. Beto’s Landscaping is a good option for quality hardscape construction services with over 15 years of experience in the industry.
Janet Moyer Landscaping has been planning and constructing unique and personalized residential gardens near you that range from formal to casual and private to public with personal amenities such as kitchens, hot tubs, and other amenities since 1990.
Ideal Landscape and Concrete focuses on local landscape management from installation to upkeep and sets up irrigation systems to maximize water resource conservation, hauling, low voltage lighting, fencing, drainage, demolition, erosion management, and bobcat service.
For more than 25 years CLG has been specializing in landscape architecture and installation and garden care services including lawn mowing, trimming, yard work, landscaping, hardscaping, tree care, sprinkler service, quality garden upkeep, and more lawn maintenance.
In addition to usual garden components like design, woodwork, stonework, boulder placement, patios, water features, plantings, grading, irrigation, lighting, and drainage Goodman Landscape Design also provides paint color consultations that encompasses architecturally appropriate enhancements and cohesiveness.
By the way we have also written about:
- Designing A Dream Home In Oakland
- Designing A Dream Home In San Jose
- Designing A Dream Home In Sacramento
- Designing A Dream Home In Portland
Dream About Your Unique Home Décor Ideas
Well guys, we did our best to cover everything we know about home décor near you today. We discussed the best stores to buy home furniture, interior decorators, appliances, lawn and gardening stores, as well as landscaping services.
If you are still here you might just know something about the local scene yourself. Please share any of your own diy tips or tricks and feel free to tell us we got something incorrect in the comments if you notice anything.
Now stop dreaming about the latest ideas, styles and trends and use the advice you got from this post on home décor in San Francisco to finally make those dreams a reality.